Now how do I get my case from the office to the court?
I am going to make the assumption (I know, I know) that your case currently resides on your network and you want to take it to court on your laptop.
I am also going to assume that you have been following our best practices for file locations, etc.
And one more assumption, you are going to use an external drive for the transfer process.
The basic process is to create a Case Backup file and restore that on the laptop. Then copy over any other necessary data.
For a small case with no video:
- On your desktop computer connected to the Visionary location on your network.
- From the Case Selection screen, single click the specific case.
- Either right-click and choose Backup or click the Backup button on the menu bar.
- In the Save Case Backup File As window, choose your external drive.
- Leave the filename to the CaseID.vbk default.
- Click the Save button.
- In the Backup data window; leave everything checked, do not add a password and click the Backup button.
Connect that external drive to your laptop.
- On your laptop with the external drive connected.
- From the Case Selection screen, click the Restore button on the menu bar.
- In the Open window, browse to, and select, the case back up file that you just created on your external drive.
- Click the Open button.
- The Restore data window will be displayed with information about the case.
- Click the Restore button.
You are ready to go to trail.
At this point all Visionary case related changes need to be done on the laptop.
- The case backup process will fail if there are people in the case during the process.
- Do not try to save the Case Backup file to a thumb drive. If not using an external drive; save the Case Backup file to your local computer and, when the process completes, then copy it to your thumb drive.
As always, if there are any questions, do not hesitate to send an email to Support@VisionaryLegal.com