How to display two pages in a side-by-side view
This set will require several changes to the default layout properties.
First, let’s get the images added to our IB.
(I am using page three of the DocID:1 (Employee Handbook) and page one of the DocID:21 (Employment Agreement). I also annotated both pages by drawing a yellow rectangle around the “Medical Benefits” paragraphs. (I used the Image/Image view to see both images at the same time, but that is not necessary.) See bottom of this write-up for my screen.)
- Display DocID:1, page three and use the drag-drop icon to add it to the IB.
- Then display DocID:21, page one and use the drag-drop icon to add that to the IB.
Your IB should look something like this:
Second, we need to set the IB item Properties for these two items.
- Open the properties for the first image and make these changes:
- Right-click in the display area and choose “Left 1/2”.
- In the Run Next Item area; choose the “Immediately run next item” option.
- Open the properties for the second image and make these changes:
- In the Previous Item Clear area; choose “Clear none”.
- Right-click in the display area and choose “Right 1/2”.
- In the Run Next Item area; choose the “Do not run next item” option.
Test this portion of your IssueBuilder
Enable CourtViewer mode.
Select the first image, then right-click and choose “Run”.
I have exported the IB as it exists at this point in the process. It is available as Demonstration IssueBuilder, Part Four - Side-by-Side Document Pages. This can be downloaded and imported into your case and will not overwrite your existing IB.
Please post any questions here as comments; remember, if you have a question so does someone else. I will try to answer them as quickly as possible.
Full screen view of my Visionary.